Sachin Tendulkar is a master: Prince Charles
Pune: Describing Sachin Tendulkar as a "master", Britain`s Prince Charles on Sunday wished the cricket legend a happy retirement.
"He is a master. I wish him a very happy retirement," Charles told reporters on the sideline of a function here when asked what he felt about Sachin`s retirement.
Charles and his wife Camilla who were on a day`s visit to the city to attend a reception at Royal Western India Turf Club, and interacted with business leaders and young entrepreneurs.
Those present on the occasion were industrialists Rahul Bajaj and Cyrus Poonawala among others.
He, along with the Duchess of Cornwall, earlier placed a wreath at a war cemetery at Khadki near here to pay tribute to soldiers from Commonwealth countries who fought in World Wars I and II.
Charles and Camilla are on nine-day visit to India.
A heavy security cordon was thrown around all places that formed part of Charles` itinerary in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested