Sachin Tendulkar is a master: Prince Charles
Pune: Describing Sachin Tendulkar as a "master", Britain`s Prince Charles on Sunday wished the cricket legend a happy retirement.
"He is a master. I wish him a very happy retirement," Charles told reporters on the sideline of a function here when asked what he felt about Sachin`s retirement.
Charles and his wife Camilla who were on a day`s visit to the city to attend a reception at Royal Western India Turf Club, and interacted with business leaders and young entrepreneurs.
Those present on the occasion were industrialists Rahul Bajaj and Cyrus Poonawala among others.
He, along with the Duchess of Cornwall, earlier placed a wreath at a war cemetery at Khadki near here to pay tribute to soldiers from Commonwealth countries who fought in World Wars I and II.
Charles and Camilla are on nine-day visit to India.
A heavy security cordon was thrown around all places that formed part of Charles` itinerary in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city