Sachin Tendulkar is a master: Prince Charles
Pune: Describing Sachin Tendulkar as a "master", Britain`s Prince Charles on Sunday wished the cricket legend a happy retirement.
"He is a master. I wish him a very happy retirement," Charles told reporters on the sideline of a function here when asked what he felt about Sachin`s retirement.
Charles and his wife Camilla who were on a day`s visit to the city to attend a reception at Royal Western India Turf Club, and interacted with business leaders and young entrepreneurs.
Those present on the occasion were industrialists Rahul Bajaj and Cyrus Poonawala among others.
He, along with the Duchess of Cornwall, earlier placed a wreath at a war cemetery at Khadki near here to pay tribute to soldiers from Commonwealth countries who fought in World Wars I and II.
Charles and Camilla are on nine-day visit to India.
A heavy security cordon was thrown around all places that formed part of Charles` itinerary in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan