Saints to protest Communal Violence Bill: VHP
Tiruchirappalli: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad
Sunday said saints and seers across the country would launch a
series of agitations from April this year to protest against
the proposed Communal Violence Bill of the Central government.
The proposed Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence
(Access to Justice and Reparations) Bill-2011 was being
opposed by all BJP-ruled states and many other states not
ruled by the Congress or the BJP, VHP International President
Ashok Singhal said.
Even Andhra Pradesh, which has a Congress government, is
against the Bill, he told reporters here. Calling the Bill
"unconstitutional," he said it affected the rights of state
governments and added maintaining law and order was a state
The protestors would also oppose 4.5 per cent reservation
given to the backward minorities from the 27 OBC quota in
central government jobs and admission, he said. The series of
agitations would be launched by 20,000 saints and seers.
A massive rally and agitation would be held in 2013, when
the Kumbhmela would be held in Prayag.
Referring to the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya, he
said it was not the concern of the Supreme Court alone. "It is
a concern of the people, and 400 Lok Sabha MPs who are
convinced over the issue," he said.
Singhal was hopeful that the construction of the temple in
Ayodhya would start by 2014 and said 60 per cent of the
pre-construction work was ready. It would take 12 to 18 months
for completing the structure after commencing construction, he
Singhal said the VHP planned to celebrate its 50th
anniversary in 2014 at several international centres. A
variety of events and seminars would be held in 42 active
chapters across the world, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj