Samjhauta blast case: BJP accuses UPA govt
New Delhi: With the arrest of another Hindu
right wing activist in Samjhauta blast case, BJP, Monday, charged
UPA with "ill-intentions", saying the government which had
earlier accused and arrested SIMI members in connection with
the explosion now appears to have taken a different stand.
"The Samjhauta blast case has exposed the ill-intentions
of this government. It had earlier arrested Safdar Nagori
(SIMI Nagori faction chief) and others and they had confessed
to their involvement in the blast. What is the status of that
case? The government stand on this case cannot be trusted,"
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested Kamal
Chauhan, believed to be a close aide of Ramji Kalsangra and
Sandeep Dange, key accused in the case, from Indore. He has
reportedly confessed that he planted the bomb in the train
which led to the death of 68 people on February 18, 2007.
Initial investigations into the blast saw the authorities
claiming Safdar Nagori and his group had carried out the blast
with the help of terrorists from Pakistan.
"Since the matter is in court, we would not like to
comment. But SIT had earlier arrested Nagori and others and
conducted narco tests on them. Now it is for the courts to
decide and deliver justice. But there are two cases in the
matter," Javadekar said.
Later investigations pointed fingers at Hindu right-wing
groups and led to the arrest of Swami Aseemanand and Sadhvi
Pragya, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender