Sanjiv Bhatt provided some documents: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi party chief Arvind Kejriwal, who Tuesday made allegations against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi about favouring some corporates at the cost of state exchequer, said he had been provided some documents by suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt.
"Sanjiv Bhatt approached us. Gave us some documents," Kejriwal told reporters.
Sanjiv Bhatt`s wife Shweta is a Congress candidate against Modi in Maninagar in the Gujarat assembly polls.
"Why he did not raise . Why it (the documents) were not given to Congress. What is the politics, I don`t understand," Kejriwal said.
Replying to questions about authenticity of his allegations, Kejriwal said his side make an expose after verifying facts.
Kejriwal also opposed foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail, saying that the claims of the government that it will benefit farmers and consumers were wrong.
He said once multinational companies "monopolise" the market, they would pay less to farmers and charge more from the consumers.
Kejriwal also said it was wrong to call the entire business community as "dalal (middlemen)".
He said that several persons ran their families in the margin between the farm gate and market price.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India