Sanjiv Bhatt provided some documents: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi party chief Arvind Kejriwal, who Tuesday made allegations against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi about favouring some corporates at the cost of state exchequer, said he had been provided some documents by suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt.
"Sanjiv Bhatt approached us. Gave us some documents," Kejriwal told reporters.
Sanjiv Bhatt`s wife Shweta is a Congress candidate against Modi in Maninagar in the Gujarat assembly polls.
"Why he did not raise . Why it (the documents) were not given to Congress. What is the politics, I don`t understand," Kejriwal said.
Replying to questions about authenticity of his allegations, Kejriwal said his side make an expose after verifying facts.
Kejriwal also opposed foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail, saying that the claims of the government that it will benefit farmers and consumers were wrong.
He said once multinational companies "monopolise" the market, they would pay less to farmers and charge more from the consumers.
Kejriwal also said it was wrong to call the entire business community as "dalal (middlemen)".
He said that several persons ran their families in the margin between the farm gate and market price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains of Amma brought to Rajaji Hall
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what