SC to hear ND Tiwari’s plea against DNA test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari’s plea challenging the Delhi High Court’s direction of being forced to give his blood sample to determine the paternity suit against him.
The court had earlier directed its registry to take police help for bringing ND Tiwari to court to get his blood sample if he fails to present himself on or before May 21.
Justice Reva Khetrapal had also told the counsel for 86-year-old Tiwari that his client will not leave India till he gives his blood sample for the requisite DNA test in the matter in the wake of orders of the Delhi HC and the Supreme Court.
The directions against former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand came after 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar filed the paternity suit seeking to declare Tiwari as his biological father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!