SC to hear ND Tiwari’s plea against DNA test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari’s plea challenging the Delhi High Court’s direction of being forced to give his blood sample to determine the paternity suit against him.
The court had earlier directed its registry to take police help for bringing ND Tiwari to court to get his blood sample if he fails to present himself on or before May 21.
Justice Reva Khetrapal had also told the counsel for 86-year-old Tiwari that his client will not leave India till he gives his blood sample for the requisite DNA test in the matter in the wake of orders of the Delhi HC and the Supreme Court.
The directions against former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand came after 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar filed the paternity suit seeking to declare Tiwari as his biological father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued