SC to hear ND Tiwari’s plea against DNA test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari’s plea challenging the Delhi High Court’s direction of being forced to give his blood sample to determine the paternity suit against him.
The court had earlier directed its registry to take police help for bringing ND Tiwari to court to get his blood sample if he fails to present himself on or before May 21.
Justice Reva Khetrapal had also told the counsel for 86-year-old Tiwari that his client will not leave India till he gives his blood sample for the requisite DNA test in the matter in the wake of orders of the Delhi HC and the Supreme Court.
The directions against former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand came after 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar filed the paternity suit seeking to declare Tiwari as his biological father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway