SC to hear ND Tiwari’s plea against DNA test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari’s plea challenging the Delhi High Court’s direction of being forced to give his blood sample to determine the paternity suit against him.
The court had earlier directed its registry to take police help for bringing ND Tiwari to court to get his blood sample if he fails to present himself on or before May 21.
Justice Reva Khetrapal had also told the counsel for 86-year-old Tiwari that his client will not leave India till he gives his blood sample for the requisite DNA test in the matter in the wake of orders of the Delhi HC and the Supreme Court.
The directions against former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand came after 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar filed the paternity suit seeking to declare Tiwari as his biological father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!