SC to hear Tejpal plea on Jun 27
New Delhi: Supreme Court will hear the regular bail plea of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal in a sexual assault case on June 27, the day when his interim bail expires.
A bench of justices Vikramajit Sen and S K Singh posted the case for hearing on June 27 after senior advocate Salman Khurshid, appearing for Tejpal, mentioned the matter and pleaded for early hearing.
The apex court had on May 19 granted him interim bail for three weeks to enable him to attend the cremation of his mother, who had died on May 18, and subsequent rituals.
It had on June 3 further extended the interim bail till June 27.
50-year-old Tejpal has been charge sheeted for allegedly raping, sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of a junior colleague during an event held at a hotel in Goa in November last year. Tejpal was arrested on November 30, 2013 and is presently out on interim bail.
He has been accused of sexually assaulting the victim on November 7 and repeating the offence the next day.
Before being released on interim bail, he was lodged at Sada sub-jail in Goa`s Vasco town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state