SC to hear Tejpal plea on Jun 27
New Delhi: Supreme Court will hear the regular bail plea of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal in a sexual assault case on June 27, the day when his interim bail expires.
A bench of justices Vikramajit Sen and S K Singh posted the case for hearing on June 27 after senior advocate Salman Khurshid, appearing for Tejpal, mentioned the matter and pleaded for early hearing.
The apex court had on May 19 granted him interim bail for three weeks to enable him to attend the cremation of his mother, who had died on May 18, and subsequent rituals.
It had on June 3 further extended the interim bail till June 27.
50-year-old Tejpal has been charge sheeted for allegedly raping, sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of a junior colleague during an event held at a hotel in Goa in November last year. Tejpal was arrested on November 30, 2013 and is presently out on interim bail.
He has been accused of sexually assaulting the victim on November 7 and repeating the offence the next day.
Before being released on interim bail, he was lodged at Sada sub-jail in Goa`s Vasco town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India