Security beefed up at Ranjit Sagar Dam
Pathankot: Security has been beefed up
at Ranjit Sagar Dam and its surrounding areas in the wake of
intelligence reports about terror threat to the vital
Security has been heightened at Modhopur Barrier and
Bamial bridge over river Ravi, SP (Rural) Karma Chand said
Patrolling has also been intensified on all roads
leading to Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) authorities in
Chandigarh said security is reviewed periodically and required
steps are taken accordingly.
Senior police officers of Punjab, Himachal and Jammu
and Kashmir are coordinating among themeselves to thwart any
terror strike on the Ranjit Sagar Dam near Pathankot.
SSP (Gurdaspur) Varinder Pal Singh said adequate
police have been deployed at railway stations and bus stands
in view of the threat.
All trains passing through Pathankot are being checked
thoroughly at busy Chakki Bank, a senior Railway official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!