Security beefed up at Ranjit Sagar Dam
Pathankot: Security has been beefed up
at Ranjit Sagar Dam and its surrounding areas in the wake of
intelligence reports about terror threat to the vital
Security has been heightened at Modhopur Barrier and
Bamial bridge over river Ravi, SP (Rural) Karma Chand said
Patrolling has also been intensified on all roads
leading to Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, he said.
Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) authorities in
Chandigarh said security is reviewed periodically and required
steps are taken accordingly.
Senior police officers of Punjab, Himachal and Jammu
and Kashmir are coordinating among themeselves to thwart any
terror strike on the Ranjit Sagar Dam near Pathankot.
SSP (Gurdaspur) Varinder Pal Singh said adequate
police have been deployed at railway stations and bus stands
in view of the threat.
All trains passing through Pathankot are being checked
thoroughly at busy Chakki Bank, a senior Railway official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves