Senior PLA official to visit India
New Delhi: Seeking to improve ties between the two countries, a Chinese delegation led by a senior PLA office-in-charge of foreign cooperation and intelligence will arrive here this week for defence secretary-level talks.
Chinese Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Qi Jianguo will hold talks with Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma in which they are expected to discuss CBMs to maintain peace and tranquillity at the Line of Actual Control, Ministry officials said here.
During the meeting, the two sides are also expected to discuss formalisation of a border management pact under which their troops will not fire at each other, they said.
This would be the second meeting between Qi and Sharma in the last months after they met at the Annual Defence Dialogue in January.
Beijing also wants to formalise a mechanism under which there will be no night patrolling by the troops from both sides and if they cross each others` path, they will not follow each other.
The two countries are also expected to discuss and finalise the venue and dates for their joint military drill `Hand-in-Hand`, which was held last in 2008 in Belgaum in Karnataka.
Defence Minister A K Antony is also planning to visit China by middle of the year after which Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is also expected to visit Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi