Senior PLA official to visit India
New Delhi: Seeking to improve ties between the two countries, a Chinese delegation led by a senior PLA office-in-charge of foreign cooperation and intelligence will arrive here this week for defence secretary-level talks.
Chinese Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Qi Jianguo will hold talks with Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma in which they are expected to discuss CBMs to maintain peace and tranquillity at the Line of Actual Control, Ministry officials said here.
During the meeting, the two sides are also expected to discuss formalisation of a border management pact under which their troops will not fire at each other, they said.
This would be the second meeting between Qi and Sharma in the last months after they met at the Annual Defence Dialogue in January.
Beijing also wants to formalise a mechanism under which there will be no night patrolling by the troops from both sides and if they cross each others` path, they will not follow each other.
The two countries are also expected to discuss and finalise the venue and dates for their joint military drill `Hand-in-Hand`, which was held last in 2008 in Belgaum in Karnataka.
Defence Minister A K Antony is also planning to visit China by middle of the year after which Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is also expected to visit Beijing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray