Serving Gujarat till 2017 is my top priority: Narendra Modi on PM ambition
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Interacting with students on the occasion of Teachers’ Day, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that he will serve the state till 2017 and that he has no ambition to become anything.
Responding to a student’s query whether he will come and talk to them after ‘he becomes PM next year’, Modi said, "I never see such dreams (of becoming PM), nor am I going to see such dreams. People of Gujarat have given me the mandate to serve them till 2017 and I have to do this with full strength."
"Those who dream of becoming something end up destroying themselves. One should not dream of becoming something, but one should dream of doing something," Modi, BJP`s election campaign committee chief said.
Modi’s statement can be seen as an attempt to put pressure on the BJP top brass to declare him as PM candidate and an open assertion that he wants to work on the ground and not be a ‘PM in waiting’ on the lines of what LK Advani was in 1999.
Also, Modi’s stress on being in Gujarat till 2017 may be his way of assuaging his core base in the state that he is and will be in control, especially in view of the stinging claims made by suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara.
On a question on how many times he gets angry in a day and what does he do when he gets angry, Modi said, “I am also human. I am not above the shortcomings humans have. I believe anger can be controlled. It is just about controlling at that moment. If you get angry on others means you fail. More your patience increases the more your anger decreases.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25