Serving Gujarat till 2017 is my top priority: Narendra Modi on PM ambition
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Interacting with students on the occasion of Teachers’ Day, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that he will serve the state till 2017 and that he has no ambition to become anything.
Responding to a student’s query whether he will come and talk to them after ‘he becomes PM next year’, Modi said, "I never see such dreams (of becoming PM), nor am I going to see such dreams. People of Gujarat have given me the mandate to serve them till 2017 and I have to do this with full strength."
"Those who dream of becoming something end up destroying themselves. One should not dream of becoming something, but one should dream of doing something," Modi, BJP`s election campaign committee chief said.
Modi’s statement can be seen as an attempt to put pressure on the BJP top brass to declare him as PM candidate and an open assertion that he wants to work on the ground and not be a ‘PM in waiting’ on the lines of what LK Advani was in 1999.
Also, Modi’s stress on being in Gujarat till 2017 may be his way of assuaging his core base in the state that he is and will be in control, especially in view of the stinging claims made by suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara.
On a question on how many times he gets angry in a day and what does he do when he gets angry, Modi said, “I am also human. I am not above the shortcomings humans have. I believe anger can be controlled. It is just about controlling at that moment. If you get angry on others means you fail. More your patience increases the more your anger decreases.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India