Serving Gujarat till 2017 is my top priority: Narendra Modi on PM ambition
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Interacting with students on the occasion of Teachers’ Day, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that he will serve the state till 2017 and that he has no ambition to become anything.
Responding to a student’s query whether he will come and talk to them after ‘he becomes PM next year’, Modi said, "I never see such dreams (of becoming PM), nor am I going to see such dreams. People of Gujarat have given me the mandate to serve them till 2017 and I have to do this with full strength."
"Those who dream of becoming something end up destroying themselves. One should not dream of becoming something, but one should dream of doing something," Modi, BJP`s election campaign committee chief said.
Modi’s statement can be seen as an attempt to put pressure on the BJP top brass to declare him as PM candidate and an open assertion that he wants to work on the ground and not be a ‘PM in waiting’ on the lines of what LK Advani was in 1999.
Also, Modi’s stress on being in Gujarat till 2017 may be his way of assuaging his core base in the state that he is and will be in control, especially in view of the stinging claims made by suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara.
On a question on how many times he gets angry in a day and what does he do when he gets angry, Modi said, “I am also human. I am not above the shortcomings humans have. I believe anger can be controlled. It is just about controlling at that moment. If you get angry on others means you fail. More your patience increases the more your anger decreases.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal