Serving Gujarat till 2017 is my top priority: Narendra Modi on PM ambition
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Interacting with students on the occasion of Teachers’ Day, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that he will serve the state till 2017 and that he has no ambition to become anything.
Responding to a student’s query whether he will come and talk to them after ‘he becomes PM next year’, Modi said, "I never see such dreams (of becoming PM), nor am I going to see such dreams. People of Gujarat have given me the mandate to serve them till 2017 and I have to do this with full strength."
"Those who dream of becoming something end up destroying themselves. One should not dream of becoming something, but one should dream of doing something," Modi, BJP`s election campaign committee chief said.
Modi’s statement can be seen as an attempt to put pressure on the BJP top brass to declare him as PM candidate and an open assertion that he wants to work on the ground and not be a ‘PM in waiting’ on the lines of what LK Advani was in 1999.
Also, Modi’s stress on being in Gujarat till 2017 may be his way of assuaging his core base in the state that he is and will be in control, especially in view of the stinging claims made by suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara.
On a question on how many times he gets angry in a day and what does he do when he gets angry, Modi said, “I am also human. I am not above the shortcomings humans have. I believe anger can be controlled. It is just about controlling at that moment. If you get angry on others means you fail. More your patience increases the more your anger decreases.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune