Seven days police custody for blast suspect
Patna: Serial blasts suspect Tabish Nyaz alias Arshad Ansari was on Friday remanded to police custody for seven days by a district court.
Accepting plea of the Patna police, Judicial Magistrate Prabal Dutta granted seven-day police custody of Nyaz for intensive questioning on the blasts that killed six persons at the venue of Narendra Modi`s rally on Sunday.
Nyaz, an associate of Indian Mujahideen operative and serial blasts` accused Imtiyaz Ansari, was formally arrested on October 30 after being initially detained for questioning.
He was picked up by the police on October 29 from Alaula village in East Champaran district.
A day later, he had been sent to 14 day judicial custody by the same court.
Nyaz was among three arrested for the multiple explosions.
The two others arrested were Imtiaz Ansari and Ainul alias Tarique who were caught from the Patna railway platform toilet.
Tarique died at Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Science late last night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India