Shibu Soren distributes portfolios, keeps Home
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu
Soren tonight retained the charge of Home department and
allotted the key portfolios of Finance and Urban Development
and Housing to his deputy Raghuvar Das of BJP which is a
ruling coalition partner.
As Soren allocated the porfolios among his 12-member
cabinet, four days after expanding his council of ministers,
he retained 14 departments and such other portfolios which
have not been allotted to any one, according to a Raj Bhavan
Das also got charge of Commercial Taxes, Energy and
Soren`s second deputy Sudesh Mahto, who had the Home
portolio in BJP government in 2005, was given Road and
Building Construction, Forest and Environment, Art, Culture,
Sports and Youth Affairs.
The other ministers and their portfolios are:
Hemlal Murmu: HRD, Science and Technology, Industry
Hussain Ansari: Welfare, including Minority Welfare,
Rural Works Department and Panchayati Raj
Chandraprakash Choudhary: Water Resources, Drinking
Water and Sanitation
Mathura Prasad Mahato: Agriculture, Sugarcane
Development, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries and Rural
Barkuar Gagrai: Food, Public Distribution System and
Nilkanth Singh Munda: Transport, Land and Revenue
Baijnath Ram: Health, Family Planning, Healthcare
Sudhar Choudhary: Social Welfare, Women and Child
Umakant Rajjak: Labour and Employment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place