Shiv Sena demands Bravery Award for Delhi braveheart’s friend
New Delhi: Shiv Sena on Wednesday said that the male friend of the Delhi braveheart, who died after being gang-raped in a moving bus in Delhi on December 16, should be considered for a Bravery Award.
The demand by Shiv Sena follows a similar move being contemplated by Zee News Limited, which is considering forwarding a nomination for the victim’s friend for the Bravery Award this Republic Day.
Zee News had a detailed interaction with the braveheart’s friend, the surviving victim of the dastardly incident of December 16, 2012 in Delhi, during an exclusive interview.
Zee News found it surprising that the victim had not been offered any assistance from the government or even the civil society during his ordeal. This, in the company’s assessment, was an insult to valour and moral character displayed him by way of conduct while protecting the honour of his friend during their ill-fated bus journey and in several concrete ways thereafter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'