Singapore reopens Mahatma Gandhi Memorial building
Singapore: Singapore President SR Nathan has inaugurated the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial building here following the completion of restoration work.
Nathan lighted an oil lamp to reopen the building dedicated to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi, The Sunday Times reported today.
The Hindi Society of Singapore raised SGD one million for the restoration work which was undertaken in 2009.
The building had first opened its doors on April 24, 1953 and has a library with books in Hindi, English, Tamil and Chinese on the life and works of Gandhi.
It also houses the office of the Hindi Society, and has classrooms as well as a multi-purpose function hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray