Singapore reopens Mahatma Gandhi Memorial building
Singapore: Singapore President SR Nathan has inaugurated the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial building here following the completion of restoration work.
Nathan lighted an oil lamp to reopen the building dedicated to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi, The Sunday Times reported today.
The Hindi Society of Singapore raised SGD one million for the restoration work which was undertaken in 2009.
The building had first opened its doors on April 24, 1953 and has a library with books in Hindi, English, Tamil and Chinese on the life and works of Gandhi.
It also houses the office of the Hindi Society, and has classrooms as well as a multi-purpose function hall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death