Slain IAF man`s daughter forgives Pak pilot
New Delhi: The daughter of an IAF pilot, who
was killed when a Pakistan Air Force combat pilot shot down
his civilian aircraft during the 1965 Indo-Pak war, has
"forgiven" her father`s killer.
Forgiving former PAF pilot Qais Hussain, Farida Singh --
daughter of IAF pilot Jahangir Engineer -- said her father
would have liked the apology to bring a spark of forgiveness
between the people of India and Pakistan.
Her reply to Hussain, who had apologised to her 46 years
after the incident in a mail earlier this week and posted her
reply online, said, "My father would have liked that it goes
towards bringing a spark of forgiveness between our two
peoples, who after all were one."
The 70-year-old Hussain, now a Lahore resident, had sent
an apology email to Singh on August 5 with a note of the
details the incident.
Hussain wrote he had shot down the Beechcraft after it
showed up on the Pakistani radar, having drifted many miles
away from the Indian coast and going up and down over the
borders of Rann of Kutch.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed