Slain IAF man`s daughter forgives Pak pilot
New Delhi: The daughter of an IAF pilot, who
was killed when a Pakistan Air Force combat pilot shot down
his civilian aircraft during the 1965 Indo-Pak war, has
"forgiven" her father`s killer.
Forgiving former PAF pilot Qais Hussain, Farida Singh --
daughter of IAF pilot Jahangir Engineer -- said her father
would have liked the apology to bring a spark of forgiveness
between the people of India and Pakistan.
Her reply to Hussain, who had apologised to her 46 years
after the incident in a mail earlier this week and posted her
reply online, said, "My father would have liked that it goes
towards bringing a spark of forgiveness between our two
peoples, who after all were one."
The 70-year-old Hussain, now a Lahore resident, had sent
an apology email to Singh on August 5 with a note of the
details the incident.
Hussain wrote he had shot down the Beechcraft after it
showed up on the Pakistani radar, having drifted many miles
away from the Indian coast and going up and down over the
borders of Rann of Kutch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand