Sohrabuddin case: IPS officer Singhal questioned
Ahmedabad: CBI probing the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case on Wednesday questioned IPS officer G L
Singhal and asked him to appear before it for further
"We questioned him at length today (for over three
hours) but there are still certain things we want him to
clarify so we have asked him to appear tomorrow as well," a
senior CBI official said.
Singhal, a promotee IPS officer, is currently SP in
Gujarat anti-terrorist squad and was SP Gandhinagar at the
time of Sohrabuddin`s fake encounter in November 2005.
Yesterday, the agency had grilled three officials --
former additional DG G C Raigar, Rajkot police commissioner
Geetha Johri and DIG Rajnish Rai.
CBI, having arrested DCP Abhay Chudasama in the fake
encounter case, summoned seven retired and serving IPS
officials, who dealt with the investigation process of the
case in the past when the case was being probed by Gujarat
The Supreme Court had handed over the investigation to
CBI in January on the petition by Sohrabuddin`s brother
Rubabuddin, who had sought its CBI probe in the case.
Meanwhile, CID (crime) head and additional DG V V
Rabari and DIG M M Desai and former additional DG OP Mathur
are yet to appear before the agency for recording their
statement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?