Sohrabuddin case: IPS officer Singhal questioned
Ahmedabad: CBI probing the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case on Wednesday questioned IPS officer G L
Singhal and asked him to appear before it for further
"We questioned him at length today (for over three
hours) but there are still certain things we want him to
clarify so we have asked him to appear tomorrow as well," a
senior CBI official said.
Singhal, a promotee IPS officer, is currently SP in
Gujarat anti-terrorist squad and was SP Gandhinagar at the
time of Sohrabuddin`s fake encounter in November 2005.
Yesterday, the agency had grilled three officials --
former additional DG G C Raigar, Rajkot police commissioner
Geetha Johri and DIG Rajnish Rai.
CBI, having arrested DCP Abhay Chudasama in the fake
encounter case, summoned seven retired and serving IPS
officials, who dealt with the investigation process of the
case in the past when the case was being probed by Gujarat
The Supreme Court had handed over the investigation to
CBI in January on the petition by Sohrabuddin`s brother
Rubabuddin, who had sought its CBI probe in the case.
Meanwhile, CID (crime) head and additional DG V V
Rabari and DIG M M Desai and former additional DG OP Mathur
are yet to appear before the agency for recording their
statement in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why