Sohrabuddin case: Narendra Modi under CBI scrutiny
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi is under scrutiny of CBI in Soharabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter killing case as he was holding the Home portfolio
when the incident had taken place, sources in the agency said
CBI has arrested former Modi aide and former minister of
state for home Amit Shah in the case on the charges of murder
and kidnapping of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi.
Shah is in jail at present along with four IPS officers
CBI is likely to find out whether the chief minister was
in the know of things mentioned in the investigation agency`s
chargesheet about Shah and state police officers, the sources
As per the rules, though the transfer of police officers
is suggested by junior minister, it has to be signed by the
CBI is also likely to ascertain whether Modi knew of facts
when Shah had proposed the transfer of state CID chief G C
Raigar as he had not heeded to the alleged pressure from Shah
to influence the probe.
The state Congress said it is essential that CBI inquire
into the "role" of Modi.
"It is essential that CBI inquires into the role of Modi
in the fake encounter case," Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...