Sohrabuddin case: Narendra Modi under CBI scrutiny
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi is under scrutiny of CBI in Soharabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter killing case as he was holding the Home portfolio
when the incident had taken place, sources in the agency said
CBI has arrested former Modi aide and former minister of
state for home Amit Shah in the case on the charges of murder
and kidnapping of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi.
Shah is in jail at present along with four IPS officers
CBI is likely to find out whether the chief minister was
in the know of things mentioned in the investigation agency`s
chargesheet about Shah and state police officers, the sources
As per the rules, though the transfer of police officers
is suggested by junior minister, it has to be signed by the
CBI is also likely to ascertain whether Modi knew of facts
when Shah had proposed the transfer of state CID chief G C
Raigar as he had not heeded to the alleged pressure from Shah
to influence the probe.
The state Congress said it is essential that CBI inquire
into the "role" of Modi.
"It is essential that CBI inquires into the role of Modi
in the fake encounter case," Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack