Sonawane`s funeral held in Nashik
Nashik: The last rites of Yashwant
Sonawane, the Additional Collector of Malegaon, who was burnt
to death on Tuesday allegedly by the persons involved in fuel
adulteration near Manmad, were conducted here overnight.
Several government officials were present at the
Meanwhile, Popat Shinde, the prime suspect who also
suffered burn injuries in the gruesome incident, has been
shifted to Nashik Civil Hospital.
According to the police, Sonawane (42) was returning
from Chandrar village after reviewing the situation there in
the wake of a demonstration by onion farmers when he found
some people adulterating kerosene in a tanker parked behind
Sagar Dhaba at Panewadi.
Sonawane stopped and questioned them. He also called
up police. This prompted Shinde and three others to pour
kerosene on the official and set him afire. Sonawane died on
There are oil depots of Indian Oil and Bharat
Petroleum near Panewadi.
Popat Shinde has two earlier cases in connection with
fuel adulteration registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof