Sonia Gandhi defends son-in-law Robert Vadra
New Delhi: Refuting Arvind Kejriwal’s allegations against her son-in-law, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Friday said there has been no misuse of power by Robert Vadra.
Coming out in defence of her son-in-law, the Congress president said, “There has been no misuse of either the office of the Gandhi family or any misuse by Vadra.”
"Robert Vadra is a businessman. His transactions are transparent and above board.”
Earlier, India Against Corruption (IAC) member Arvind Kejriwal accused Robert Vadra, husband of Priyanka Gandhi, of corruption in land deals and providing illegal benefits to real estate company DLF.
Addressing a press conference here, Kejriwal and his colleague Prashant Bhushan said Vadra purchased crores worth of properties over the past four years, whose worth today is over Rs 500 crore.
They further said Vadra`s wealth grew from Rs 50 lakh to over Rs 300 crore during the period.
“Vadra purchased these properties at throwaway prices with the help of a Rs 65 crore worth unsecured, interest-free loan which too was provided by DLF,” former Team Anna member Kejriwal alleged.
According to him, all these properties belonged to DLF.
"Robert Vadra acquired properties worth hundreds of crores (of rupees) from nothing. What is the source of these funds," asked Kejriwal. He distributed scanned copies of documentary evidence to back his claim.
“Why did DLF provide Rs 65 crore unsecured, interest-free loan to Vadra to buy its own properties? Why did DLF sell its properties to Vadra at throwaway prices? What did DLF gain by doing this? What benefit did Vadra provide to DLF?” Kejriwal further asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing