Sonia Gandhi defends son-in-law Robert Vadra
New Delhi: Refuting Arvind Kejriwal’s allegations against her son-in-law, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Friday said there has been no misuse of power by Robert Vadra.
Coming out in defence of her son-in-law, the Congress president said, “There has been no misuse of either the office of the Gandhi family or any misuse by Vadra.”
"Robert Vadra is a businessman. His transactions are transparent and above board.”
Earlier, India Against Corruption (IAC) member Arvind Kejriwal accused Robert Vadra, husband of Priyanka Gandhi, of corruption in land deals and providing illegal benefits to real estate company DLF.
Addressing a press conference here, Kejriwal and his colleague Prashant Bhushan said Vadra purchased crores worth of properties over the past four years, whose worth today is over Rs 500 crore.
They further said Vadra`s wealth grew from Rs 50 lakh to over Rs 300 crore during the period.
“Vadra purchased these properties at throwaway prices with the help of a Rs 65 crore worth unsecured, interest-free loan which too was provided by DLF,” former Team Anna member Kejriwal alleged.
According to him, all these properties belonged to DLF.
"Robert Vadra acquired properties worth hundreds of crores (of rupees) from nothing. What is the source of these funds," asked Kejriwal. He distributed scanned copies of documentary evidence to back his claim.
“Why did DLF provide Rs 65 crore unsecured, interest-free loan to Vadra to buy its own properties? Why did DLF sell its properties to Vadra at throwaway prices? What did DLF gain by doing this? What benefit did Vadra provide to DLF?” Kejriwal further asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read