Sound system not in sound health at Cong Plenary
New Delhi: The sound system at the Congress
Plenary session was not sound on Sunday.
The failure of the system also gave an opportunity to
some members from Bihar to vent their ire and raise slogans
against Union minister and party incharge of the state, Mukul
Wasnik, on allocation of party tickets during the recently
concluded assembly polls there.
The system went off initially when Gujarat Congress chief
Shaktisinh Gohil was speaking in support of the political
As Wasnik came to the front of the dais to inform the
electricians of the disruption, slogan-shouting against him
began. There were counter-slogans also in his favour.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee were on the dais when all this happened.
The sound system broke down again after some time,
prompting Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and other party
leaders rushing to the control room to ensure that the system
However, it behaved well when top leaders like party
President Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi spoke.
In the evening, the Prime Minister and the party chief
were among a host of dignitaries who enjoyed a cultural
programme organised on the occasion.
The sound system functioned well at that time too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read