SP welcomes NDA split, pins high hope on alternative
Kolkata: Stating that the JD(U)-BJP split will weaken the communal forces of the country, Samajwadi Party on Sunday said the move will propel the process of strengthening anti-Congress, anti-BJP formations ahead of the next Lok Sabha polls.
"The split in NDA between JD(U) and BJP will weaken the communal forces of the country. This split will provide leverage to the move of building an anti-Congress, anti- BJP platform ahead of the next Lok Sabha polls and provide alternative policies to the anti-people machinations of Congress and BJP," General Secretary Kiranmoy Nanda told PTI here.
In a major setback to NDA ahead of Lok Sabha election, JD(U) today snapped its ties with the BJP in Bihar in protest against the elevation of Narendra Modi, bringing to an end of a 17-year-old alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!