SP welcomes NDA split, pins high hope on alternative
Kolkata: Stating that the JD(U)-BJP split will weaken the communal forces of the country, Samajwadi Party on Sunday said the move will propel the process of strengthening anti-Congress, anti-BJP formations ahead of the next Lok Sabha polls.
"The split in NDA between JD(U) and BJP will weaken the communal forces of the country. This split will provide leverage to the move of building an anti-Congress, anti- BJP platform ahead of the next Lok Sabha polls and provide alternative policies to the anti-people machinations of Congress and BJP," General Secretary Kiranmoy Nanda told PTI here.
In a major setback to NDA ahead of Lok Sabha election, JD(U) today snapped its ties with the BJP in Bihar in protest against the elevation of Narendra Modi, bringing to an end of a 17-year-old alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city