Spicejet flight grounded after landing gear snag
Chennai: Forty-two passengers of a Spicejet flight from here had a narrow escape when the main landing gear malfunctioned at touchdown at the Tuticorin airport today and the aircraft was grounded.
All the passengers were safely disembarked and the aircraft which sustained slight damage had been grounded, Tuticorin airport sources said.
"The main landing gear or the rear wheel of the aircraft failed to operate in time while landing, leading to a slight jerk," the sources said.
However, the flight landed safely at around 8.30 am as the main landing gear functioned after a slight delay, they said.
The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and Spicejet.
The aircraft had been parked at the airport, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre