SSB DG reviews security along Indo-Bhutan border
Guwahati: Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) director general Arun Chaudhary has taken stock of the security scenario along the Indo-Bhutan border and issued direction for effective border management.
Chaudhary, who arrived here on a four-day maiden visit here on Saturday, chaired a high-level meeting of SSB officers where he issued the direction for effective border management.
The SSB chief, during his visit, will discuss various other security-related issues with officers and jawans deployed on the India?Bhutan border and pay personal visit to their locations, a statement said here today.
Earlier on his arrival, he was greeted at the Frontier Headquarters, Guwahati, by SSB Inspector General SC Katoch and other senior officials.
Chaudhary, who took charge as SSB director general in December 2012, inspected the Frontier Headquarters and visited the medical unit and other installations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state