`Stop making lucrative promises to Muslims`
Deoband: Criticising the UPA
government, a top Muslim body on day asked it to stop making
"lucrative promises" to minorities and immediately implement
the recommendations of the Sachar committee report.
"The UPA government should stop making lucrative
promises and immediately implement the recommendations of the
Sachar committee report," Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind demanded at its
30th general session in Deoband.
The body also adopted a series of resolutions asking
government to stop interfering in minorities affairs,
including tampering with madrasa education system, and instead
concentrate on steps for their development.
"The UPA government should implement the Sachar
Committee and the Ranganath Commission recommendations so that
maximum number of people should get their benefit," the
resolution adopted unanimously by over 10,000 clerics said.
The last day of the three-day session tomorrow is
expected to be attended by numerous moulvis and yoga guru
Ramdev and Art of Living founder Shri Shri Ravi Shankar.
The duo will become the first non-Muslim religious
leaders to speak at influential Darul Uloom Islamic seminary.
The seminary had in past issued fatwa in favour of
yoga after some clerics banned Muslims from practising it.
Jamiat has also invited Sonia Gandhi for tomorrow`s
session. "We hope the Congress president will come," a Jamiat
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion