Sushilkumar Shinde completes 1 year in office, says he is a good team leader
New Delhi: Completing a year in office, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday suggested he was a good team leader.
72-year-old Shinde, who became the country`s Home Minister on July 31 last year succeeding P Chidambaram, also said he takes criticism in his stride.
As he wrapped up his monthly news conference here, Shinde, who was earlier the Power Minister, was asked about his achievements after he got the challenging assignment.
"I don`t think there is an achievemnet...I am a small man. I have given my services to the nation. It was challenging," said Shinde.
"For others I have suffered also and you (media) have also criticised me. But I have to take it into my stride because I was leading the team. I am in that category," Shinde said, reminding the media about its harsh criticism of him for calling terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) chief Hafeez Saeed as "Hafiz Saheb".
"I took it on my shoulder. Though it was not my job but I took it on my shoulder. I think that showed the leadership existing in the department," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees