Sushilkumar Shinde completes 1 year in office, says he is a good team leader
New Delhi: Completing a year in office, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday suggested he was a good team leader.
72-year-old Shinde, who became the country`s Home Minister on July 31 last year succeeding P Chidambaram, also said he takes criticism in his stride.
As he wrapped up his monthly news conference here, Shinde, who was earlier the Power Minister, was asked about his achievements after he got the challenging assignment.
"I don`t think there is an achievemnet...I am a small man. I have given my services to the nation. It was challenging," said Shinde.
"For others I have suffered also and you (media) have also criticised me. But I have to take it into my stride because I was leading the team. I am in that category," Shinde said, reminding the media about its harsh criticism of him for calling terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) chief Hafeez Saeed as "Hafiz Saheb".
"I took it on my shoulder. Though it was not my job but I took it on my shoulder. I think that showed the leadership existing in the department," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog