Suspected IM twitter handle suspended
New Delhi: On the request of investigators, micro-blogging site Twitter has suspended an account claiming to be that of the terror group Indian Mujahideen, which is suspected to have orchestrated the Bodh Gaya serial blasts.
Official sources said IP address of the tweet handle @IndianMujahidin was traced to Pakistan.
The account had claimed responsibility of the nine synchronised blasts that took place in Mahabodhi temple on July 7 morning, leaving two monks injured.
The sources said investigators are looking into the genuineness of the twitter handle but they are suspicious as it became active barely a day before the blasts shook Bodh Gaya, the highest seat of Buddhism where Gautam Buddha attained enlightenment.
The sources said after investigators approached Twitter seeking the location where the messages were uploaded on it, the US-based company suspended the account.
The sources said they want to be sure about the location from where the messages were being posted as Pakistan`s location could have been result of a proxy IP address.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had yesterday said National Investigation Agency is looking into all possible angles, including the purported claim by Indian Mujahideen in a Twitter account about carrying out the blasts, and any possible link of the blasts with the issue of alleged atrocities on Rohangiya Muslims in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video