Suspected IM twitter handle suspended
New Delhi: On the request of investigators, micro-blogging site Twitter has suspended an account claiming to be that of the terror group Indian Mujahideen, which is suspected to have orchestrated the Bodh Gaya serial blasts.
Official sources said IP address of the tweet handle @IndianMujahidin was traced to Pakistan.
The account had claimed responsibility of the nine synchronised blasts that took place in Mahabodhi temple on July 7 morning, leaving two monks injured.
The sources said investigators are looking into the genuineness of the twitter handle but they are suspicious as it became active barely a day before the blasts shook Bodh Gaya, the highest seat of Buddhism where Gautam Buddha attained enlightenment.
The sources said after investigators approached Twitter seeking the location where the messages were uploaded on it, the US-based company suspended the account.
The sources said they want to be sure about the location from where the messages were being posted as Pakistan`s location could have been result of a proxy IP address.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had yesterday said National Investigation Agency is looking into all possible angles, including the purported claim by Indian Mujahideen in a Twitter account about carrying out the blasts, and any possible link of the blasts with the issue of alleged atrocities on Rohangiya Muslims in Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh