Take tough steps against Pak, we`ll back you: BJP to Centre
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday asked the Centre to take tough steps against Pakistan in the wake of the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers and pledged support to it on the issue even as it rued that the country has a "weak government" which may not be capable of such decisions.
Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj referred on Twitter to her conversation with National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon yesterday and she had asked to him convey to the Prime Minister that what happened on the LOC is "unacceptable".
"The government must go in for tough measures and we will support the government in such decisions. However, there is no response from the government so far. Unfortunately, we have a very weak government in the country. And weak governments are incapable of taking tough decisions," Swaraj said.
The BJP leader said this issue is a "matter of honour" for the country and concerns the morale of our armed forces.
BJP announced it will hold protest demonstrations at the district level across the country tomorrow against the brutal killing of the two Indian soldiers.
"The protest demonstrations will be held essentially to show the anger and anguish of the people of India," party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said though BJP supports people-to-people contact and improvement in relations with Pakistan, it does not mean that Pakistan can violate human rights during combat.
"Every drop of blood of our soldiers is dear to us. Pakistan should get this message from India," Sitharaman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail