Task force formed to work on land reform issues
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday constituted a task force chaired by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and co-chaired by Tribal Affairs Minister Kishore Chandra Deo to work on land reform issues.
Constitution of a task force to work on land reform was one of the decisions arrived in an agreement signed last week between the government and Jan Satyagrah activists, who fought for a National Land Reforms Policy.
Leader of the movement P V Rajagopal, Trinamool Congress MP D Bandhopadhyay, Planning Commission member Mihir Shah, B N Yugandar, Aruna Roy, Praveen Jha, Bina Agrawal and Videh Upadhya are the members of the task force.
Secretaries of the National Advisory Council, Dept of Land Resources, Panchayath Raj and Tribal welfare and Law are also the members of the committee.
The first formal meeting of the task force will be held on November 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth