Task force formed to work on land reform issues
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday constituted a task force chaired by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and co-chaired by Tribal Affairs Minister Kishore Chandra Deo to work on land reform issues.
Constitution of a task force to work on land reform was one of the decisions arrived in an agreement signed last week between the government and Jan Satyagrah activists, who fought for a National Land Reforms Policy.
Leader of the movement P V Rajagopal, Trinamool Congress MP D Bandhopadhyay, Planning Commission member Mihir Shah, B N Yugandar, Aruna Roy, Praveen Jha, Bina Agrawal and Videh Upadhya are the members of the task force.
Secretaries of the National Advisory Council, Dept of Land Resources, Panchayath Raj and Tribal welfare and Law are also the members of the committee.
The first formal meeting of the task force will be held on November 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you