Team Anna hits out at Swami Agnivesh
New Delhi: Maintaining that they were "transparent" in their functioning, Team Anna on Sunday dismissed Swami Agnivesh`s allegations that donations for Anna Hazare`s agitation was siphoned off by Arvind Kejriwal, saying he might be levelling such accusations out of anger.
They said all details regarding their accounts will be put on the website of Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF), which acted as the secretariat for Hazare`s agitation, by this month-end.
Seeking to downplay allegations levelled against Agnivesh, Team Anna member and Kejriwal`s close associate Manish Sisodia said, "Our accounts are already on the website. We have conducted a special audit for the last six months and
by the month end we are putting the details on the website."
On Agnivesh, he said, "We have no animosity with Swami Agnivesh. He could have said something out of anger. It`s not in our custom to rebut against anything that an elderly says. He is a good person and we all respect him."
Agnivesh has claimed that money collected for Hazare`s agitation was deposited in the trust run by Arvind Kejriwal from which the names of major team members were missing. He had alleged that Kejriwal has siphoned off over Rs 80 lakh.
He claimed that Hazare does not have his name in the PCRF run by Kejriwal.
Asked about his reaction to this allegation, Sisodia said "We have already requested members at the core committee meeting held in Ralegan Siddhi to be trustee of the PCRF and we have invited them."
He said they had announced in the Ramlila Maidan that the donations were being collected in name of PCRF.
He also dismissed as "baseless" allegations that Hazare was upset with the team members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune