Team Anna to announce party on October
Noida: The erstwhile Team Anna is likely to formally enter politics with the announcement of a party on October two, coinciding with Gandhi Jayanti.
The preparatory committee consisting of 80-100 members to chalk out the nitty-gritty of formation of the party will meet for the first time on August 26, it was decided at a meeting here.
The meeting was attended by Arvind Kejriwal, Prashant Bhushan, Kiran Bedi, Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav, Kumar Vishvas, Dinesh Vaghela, Sanjay Singh, Nishikant, Ajeet Jha, and Naveen Jaihind.
The preparatory committee, which have members from various movements and organisations, is likely to have some senior judges also.
Sources said the preparatory committee will finish its work by October two and it is likely that the launch of the party will be announced on that day.
An internal Lokpal, having retired judges as its members, will be constituted to ensure internal discipline within the party, they said.
The internal Lokpal will enquire into allegations of corruption and if found guilty, the member will be thrown out of the party and movement, they said.
Supporters from across the country will assemble in Delhi on August 16 and efforts to form district and state committees will begin after that, they said.
Asked about Justice Santosh Hegde`s opposition to formation of political party, Kejriwal said he was among 23 eminent persons who appealed them to break fast and give a political alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31