Team Anna to announce party on October
Noida: The erstwhile Team Anna is likely to formally enter politics with the announcement of a party on October two, coinciding with Gandhi Jayanti.
The preparatory committee consisting of 80-100 members to chalk out the nitty-gritty of formation of the party will meet for the first time on August 26, it was decided at a meeting here.
The meeting was attended by Arvind Kejriwal, Prashant Bhushan, Kiran Bedi, Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav, Kumar Vishvas, Dinesh Vaghela, Sanjay Singh, Nishikant, Ajeet Jha, and Naveen Jaihind.
The preparatory committee, which have members from various movements and organisations, is likely to have some senior judges also.
Sources said the preparatory committee will finish its work by October two and it is likely that the launch of the party will be announced on that day.
An internal Lokpal, having retired judges as its members, will be constituted to ensure internal discipline within the party, they said.
The internal Lokpal will enquire into allegations of corruption and if found guilty, the member will be thrown out of the party and movement, they said.
Supporters from across the country will assemble in Delhi on August 16 and efforts to form district and state committees will begin after that, they said.
Asked about Justice Santosh Hegde`s opposition to formation of political party, Kejriwal said he was among 23 eminent persons who appealed them to break fast and give a political alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city