Team Anna warned for using loudspeakers after 10pm
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Friday issued a
notice to Anna Hazare and others for addressing protesters using loudspeakers after 10 pm which amounted to violating the Supreme Court guidelines.
Sources said the notice was issued after it came to
light that the organisers of Hazare`s protest at Ramlila
Maidan addressed supporters using microphones after 10 pm on
at least two days.
"We have issued a notice to Hazare, Kejriwal, Bedi and
the Bhushans," a senior police official said.
Initially, the police did not issue a notice to the
organisers, including Arvind Kejriwal, Shanti Bhushan,
Prashant Bhushan and Kiran Bedi, but decided to do so after
they continued to violate the provisions, the official said.
Hazare, Kejriwal, Sisodia, Bedi and Shanti and
Prashant Bhushan had given a written assurance to Delhi Police
that they will not use loudspeakers to address supporters
after 10 pm and will adhere to the Supreme Court guidelines in
"We understand that permission has been granted to us
for use of loudspeakers at the Ramlila Ground within the ambit
of Hon`ble Supreme Court`s directions," the undertaking read.
According to the police, the organisers were given
permission to use loudspeakers shall be used only between six
am and ten pm as provided in the Noise Pollution (Regulation
and Control) Rules, 2000 framed under the Environment
(Protection) Act, 1986 and in compliance of the Supreme Court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31