Team Anna warned for using loudspeakers after 10pm
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Friday issued a
notice to Anna Hazare and others for addressing protesters using loudspeakers after 10 pm which amounted to violating the Supreme Court guidelines.
Sources said the notice was issued after it came to
light that the organisers of Hazare`s protest at Ramlila
Maidan addressed supporters using microphones after 10 pm on
at least two days.
"We have issued a notice to Hazare, Kejriwal, Bedi and
the Bhushans," a senior police official said.
Initially, the police did not issue a notice to the
organisers, including Arvind Kejriwal, Shanti Bhushan,
Prashant Bhushan and Kiran Bedi, but decided to do so after
they continued to violate the provisions, the official said.
Hazare, Kejriwal, Sisodia, Bedi and Shanti and
Prashant Bhushan had given a written assurance to Delhi Police
that they will not use loudspeakers to address supporters
after 10 pm and will adhere to the Supreme Court guidelines in
"We understand that permission has been granted to us
for use of loudspeakers at the Ramlila Ground within the ambit
of Hon`ble Supreme Court`s directions," the undertaking read.
According to the police, the organisers were given
permission to use loudspeakers shall be used only between six
am and ten pm as provided in the Noise Pollution (Regulation
and Control) Rules, 2000 framed under the Environment
(Protection) Act, 1986 and in compliance of the Supreme Court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH