Telangana: Union Ministers from Seemandhra meet Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: As the government hopes to pass the Telangana Bill in Lok Sabha tomorrow, AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday met Seemandhra Ministers and MPs to elicit their views over the contentious bill.
The meeting with Gandhi comes on a day when five union ministers from Seemandhra met BJP leader LK Advani to seek his party`s support for a package for their region in the event of division of Andhra Pradesh to carve out Telangana.
Gandhi had invited the ministers and MPs for the meeting, Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam claimed.
Emerging from the late evening meeting, Seelam told reporters that several key issues, including Union Territory status for Hyderabad for a temporary period, was deliberated.
The Minister said merger of two districts in Rayalaseema region such as Ananthapur and Kurnool with Telangana and financial issues also figured in the meeting.
"We are confident that the people of both the regions will be happy with the outcome..... Telugu people should be happy," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview