Telangana: Union Ministers from Seemandhra meet Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: As the government hopes to pass the Telangana Bill in Lok Sabha tomorrow, AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday met Seemandhra Ministers and MPs to elicit their views over the contentious bill.
The meeting with Gandhi comes on a day when five union ministers from Seemandhra met BJP leader LK Advani to seek his party`s support for a package for their region in the event of division of Andhra Pradesh to carve out Telangana.
Gandhi had invited the ministers and MPs for the meeting, Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam claimed.
Emerging from the late evening meeting, Seelam told reporters that several key issues, including Union Territory status for Hyderabad for a temporary period, was deliberated.
The Minister said merger of two districts in Rayalaseema region such as Ananthapur and Kurnool with Telangana and financial issues also figured in the meeting.
"We are confident that the people of both the regions will be happy with the outcome..... Telugu people should be happy," he added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative