Telangana: Union Ministers from Seemandhra meet Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: As the government hopes to pass the Telangana Bill in Lok Sabha tomorrow, AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday met Seemandhra Ministers and MPs to elicit their views over the contentious bill.
The meeting with Gandhi comes on a day when five union ministers from Seemandhra met BJP leader LK Advani to seek his party`s support for a package for their region in the event of division of Andhra Pradesh to carve out Telangana.
Gandhi had invited the ministers and MPs for the meeting, Minister of State for Finance JD Seelam claimed.
Emerging from the late evening meeting, Seelam told reporters that several key issues, including Union Territory status for Hyderabad for a temporary period, was deliberated.
The Minister said merger of two districts in Rayalaseema region such as Ananthapur and Kurnool with Telangana and financial issues also figured in the meeting.
"We are confident that the people of both the regions will be happy with the outcome..... Telugu people should be happy," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- China mounts rescue efforts as tornado toll hits 98
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets
- Brexit: How it can give better market access to India