Temperatures drop further; showers lash UP
New Delhi: Northern India enjoyed relatively less sweltering conditions on Sunday with mercury taking a dip in many parts of the region where Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan received rainfall in the last 24 hours.
Eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh received moderate to heavy rainfall which considerably brought down temperatures while Udaipur in Rajasthan, too, reported a weak shower.
It was a comparatively less hot, but humid day in Delhi where the maximum was recorded at 38.5 deg C today. The minimum settled at 26.6 deg C.
In Uttar Pradesh, rainfall and thundershowers lashed the eastern parts of the state where Patti recorded 5 cm rainfall.
Sultanpur (3 cm), Lalgunj (2 cm) and Pratapgarh, Phoolpur and Kunda (1 cm each) were among other places which had rains.
The highest temperature in the state was recorded at Moradabad at 38.2 deg C, a considerable dip from yesterday`s 43.4 deg C in Etawah.
Large parts of Punjab and Haryana had respite from the searing heat for the second consecutive day with mercury settling a few notches below normal across the two states.
Chandigarh recorded a maximum of 35.4 deg C, down by four notches from yesterday, the MeT office said.
Though Amritsar sweat it out at 42.4 deg C, the maximum there was down by over three notches from yesterday.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a high of 35.4 deg C, down four notches, while the maximum settled at 36 deg C in Karnal.
In Rajasthan, very light rainfall was reported in Udaipur in the last 24 hours although blistering heat continued to trouble people across vast swathes of the state.
Bikaner was the hottest place in the state with a maximum of 45.6 deg C followed by Churu at 45.3 deg C. Mercury in Churu had touched 47.2 deg C yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof