Temperatures drop in North India after rains
New Delhi: Mercury dropped slightly on Friday at most places across North India after Thursday`s rains, even as hot and humid conditions persisted in the region.
Maximum temperature came down in the national capital to settle a notch below normal at 39.3 degrees against yesterday`s 43.6 degrees Celsius, but the humidity settled at 77 per cent.
Rains led to a dip in mercury in Rajasthan also, where the monsoon is likely to arrive three-four days in advance as per a MeT department forecast.
Churu was the hottest place in the state with a high of 47 degrees.
The south-west monsoon will hit Mumbai during next 48 hours and will be normal across the country with overall 98 per cent rainfall, the IMD said, adding that a detailed prediction of it will be made next week.
Temperature also dipped in Punjab and Haryana, but high humidity, up to 100 per cent in some places, left people sweating.
While mercury in Chandigarh stood at 36.6 degrees, two notches below normal, it was recorded in Amritsar at 41 degrees Celsius.
Ludhiana and Patiala had a high of 39.1 and 37.2 degrees Celsius respectively, settling up to 4 notches below normal.
Light to heavy rains continued to occur at isolated places in Uttar Pradesh, leading to decline in the temperature in Faizabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, and Meerut divisions.
While Barabanki and Ambedkarnagar recorded 6 cm rainfall each, Lucknow and Faizabad registered 5 cm each. It was 4 cm rainfall in Basti, 3 cm each in Sultanpur, Saharanpur and Muzaffarnagar.
Highest maximum temperature of 45.6 degree Celsius was recorded at Banda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared