Things could have been handled more `gracefully`: Yashwant
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of unhappiness among some senior leaders in BJP in the wake of controversy over denial of ticket to Jaswant Singh, party leader Yashwant Sinha Friday said things could have been done more "gracefully" and "smoothly" to look "more natural".
"It could have been done more gracefully, I agree with you. I am not pointing to any individual. I am saying the whole system within the party could have been managed in such a way that the whole thing would have looked more natural and smoother," he said when asked on the row.
Sinha, who was minister in NDA government at the Centre and held key portfolios of External Affairs and Finance, has paved the way for son to contest the Hazaribagh Lok Sabha seat currently being represented by him.
Asked why he chose to opt out this time, he said "if I seek a mandate of the people of the constituency, it was incumbent upon me to make a commitment to them for the next five years.
"Despite the fact that I have nursed this constituency for the last 30 years, this constituency demands your attention round-the-clock. The question before me was: would I be able to pass this test after I seek the mandate of the people in this constituency in this election?”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing