Three absconders hold key to Delhi HC blast: PC
New Delhi: The probe into Delhi High Court
blast seems to have come to a dead end as Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram on Monday suggested that the three Hizbul Mujahideen
terrorists, declared as absconders, hold the key to the entire
conspiracy hatched in the case.
Talking to reporters here after presenting his ministry`s
monthly report card for October, Chidambaram was asked whether
the case had been solved after the arrest of the three people
including a medical student Wasim Akram and two others.
"Whether the case has been solved or not, is a matter of
opinion. The fact is that three key persons have been arrested
and they have pointed to three other persons.
"We have put out a reward for these three persons and all
the agencies are looking for these three persons. Only when
these three are arrested, interrogated and their statements
are recorded, the agency will be in a position to say whether
the case has been solved or not," he said and added that at
the moment "we are looking for the three persons."
NIA recently announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh each for
any information leading to arrest of Junaid Akram, brother of
Wasim, Amir Ali and Sheikh Hussain Sheikh, all belonging to
Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit as the probe agency believes
that all the three played "crucial role in the conspiracy
which led to the blast at the Delhi High Court" on September
seven in which 15 people were killed.
Besides Wasim Akram, NIA has arrested Abid Hussain and
Hafiz Aamir Abbas Dev and also recorded their confessional
statements before a magistrate recently. The three are alleged
to have been be involved in sending emails immediately after
the blast outside the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH