Three absconders hold key to Delhi HC blast: PC
New Delhi: The probe into Delhi High Court
blast seems to have come to a dead end as Union Home Minister
P Chidambaram on Monday suggested that the three Hizbul Mujahideen
terrorists, declared as absconders, hold the key to the entire
conspiracy hatched in the case.
Talking to reporters here after presenting his ministry`s
monthly report card for October, Chidambaram was asked whether
the case had been solved after the arrest of the three people
including a medical student Wasim Akram and two others.
"Whether the case has been solved or not, is a matter of
opinion. The fact is that three key persons have been arrested
and they have pointed to three other persons.
"We have put out a reward for these three persons and all
the agencies are looking for these three persons. Only when
these three are arrested, interrogated and their statements
are recorded, the agency will be in a position to say whether
the case has been solved or not," he said and added that at
the moment "we are looking for the three persons."
NIA recently announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh each for
any information leading to arrest of Junaid Akram, brother of
Wasim, Amir Ali and Sheikh Hussain Sheikh, all belonging to
Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit as the probe agency believes
that all the three played "crucial role in the conspiracy
which led to the blast at the Delhi High Court" on September
seven in which 15 people were killed.
Besides Wasim Akram, NIA has arrested Abid Hussain and
Hafiz Aamir Abbas Dev and also recorded their confessional
statements before a magistrate recently. The three are alleged
to have been be involved in sending emails immediately after
the blast outside the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof