Tibetan administration announces Rs 3 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Dharamsala: The Tibetan government-in-exile Sunday announced to contribute Rs.300,000 to the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for the flood victims of Uttarakhand.
"We are deeply saddened by the devastating rain and flash-floods. We offer prayers and sympathy for the families of those who have lost their lives and those who have suffered injury or loss of property in this natural tragedy," said a statement from the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) based here.
"As a gesture of solidarity with rescue efforts, the CTA will contribute Rs.300,000 to the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund," it said.
Rescue workers Saturday put the death toll in Uttarakhand at 557 and said 20,000 people were still awaiting evacuation.
The Tibetan exile administration is based in this northern Indian hill town but is not recognised by any country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29