Trivedi issue: Mamata Banerjee arrives in Delhi
Kolkata/New Delhi: In an apparent bid to
mount pressure for the removal of Dinesh Trivedi as Railway
Minister, Trinamool Chief Mamata Banerjee reached Delhi on Sunday for discussions on the issue with Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and Congress leaders.
Mamata had asked the Prime Minister to sack Trivedi after
he had announced hike in passenger fares in the Rail budget,
and wanted him to be replaced by Mukul Roy, another minister.
During her discussions with Congress leadership, Mamata
is also likely to urge the Prime Minister not to go ahead with
the NCTC and seek deletion of its reference from the
President`s address to Parliament. Over a dozen non-Congress
chief ministers including from Gujarat, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh
and Tamil Nadu, have opposed the NCTC.
The Prime Minister is expected to reply to the discussion
on the Motion of Thanks to the President`s Address in the Lok
Discussion on the Rail budget, earlier expected to
commence tomorrow, may now take place on Tuesday, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?