Trivedi issue: Mamata Banerjee arrives in Delhi
Kolkata/New Delhi: In an apparent bid to
mount pressure for the removal of Dinesh Trivedi as Railway
Minister, Trinamool Chief Mamata Banerjee reached Delhi on Sunday for discussions on the issue with Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and Congress leaders.
Mamata had asked the Prime Minister to sack Trivedi after
he had announced hike in passenger fares in the Rail budget,
and wanted him to be replaced by Mukul Roy, another minister.
During her discussions with Congress leadership, Mamata
is also likely to urge the Prime Minister not to go ahead with
the NCTC and seek deletion of its reference from the
President`s address to Parliament. Over a dozen non-Congress
chief ministers including from Gujarat, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh
and Tamil Nadu, have opposed the NCTC.
The Prime Minister is expected to reply to the discussion
on the Motion of Thanks to the President`s Address in the Lok
Discussion on the Rail budget, earlier expected to
commence tomorrow, may now take place on Tuesday, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends