Two new faces among seven cabinet ministers
New Delhi: Of the seven new ministers sworn in with cabinet rank Sunday, only two are new faces, while the rest, including Ajay Maken and MM Pallam Raju, have been elevated from minister of state rank.
The new faces in the union cabinet are former deputy chairperson of the Rajya Sabha K. Rehman Khan, who is from Karnataka, and Chandreswari Kumari Katoch, who hails from Himachal Pradesh but who has been elected to the Lok Sabha from Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
The other elevated cabinet-rank ministers are: Dinsha Patel, Harish Rawat and Ashwani Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...