Two new faces among seven cabinet ministers
New Delhi: Of the seven new ministers sworn in with cabinet rank Sunday, only two are new faces, while the rest, including Ajay Maken and MM Pallam Raju, have been elevated from minister of state rank.
The new faces in the union cabinet are former deputy chairperson of the Rajya Sabha K. Rehman Khan, who is from Karnataka, and Chandreswari Kumari Katoch, who hails from Himachal Pradesh but who has been elected to the Lok Sabha from Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
The other elevated cabinet-rank ministers are: Dinsha Patel, Harish Rawat and Ashwani Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold