UAVs successfully used in Army exercise
New Delhi: Army has successfully used its
satellites and UAVs in the ongoing exercise `Sudharshan
Shakti` to provide a real-time picture and information of the
war zone to battlefield commanders.
The new concepts of real time linking of the command
centres with the battle zone has been successfully tested
during the wargame in the deserts of Rajasthan, an army
spokesperson said today.
"The endeavour has been to validate and integrate the use
of all available assets, including satellites and UAVs to
assist commanders in taking dynamic and proactive operational
action in a fluid battlefield situation," he said.
An important facet being validated is the real-time links
between sensor and shooter which enables commanders to take
instant decisions even as information is being shared among
platforms and personnel to order the weapons to be deployed,
Aerial assets provided by Indian Air Force (IAF) like
Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft and AWACS have also been used to
provide a real-time data of the war zones.
A total of 60,000 troops and 300 tanks are participating
in the exercise which has brought together all elements,
including air power on one single platform.
Apart from 120 artillery guns and an array of missiles
and rockets, the exercise involves operation by aircraft such
as Su-30 MKI, Jaguars, MiG-27 and MiG-21, AWACS and
The exercise will help the Southern Command to validate
its war-fighting concepts while working towards `capability-
based approach` relying on a series of transformational
initiatives, concepts, organisational structures and
absorption of new age technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city