Uma Bharti demands Prime Minister`s resignation
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to step down in the wake of the resignation of his two ministers on charges of impropriety saying he was aware of all the decisions taken by them.
He (PM) had knowledge of all the decisions and excuses offered by him and other leaders were meant to save him, she said.
Terming as "childish" the manner in which the entire issue was handled, Bharti said, "Had the BJP`s demand of their resignation accepted earlier, the Food Security Bill would have been passed by Parliament."
Alleging that the UPA regime was misusing CBI to remain in power, Bharti said the government has lost the mandate from the people to rule.
"The Central government does not exist... It has lost people`s support and is continuing only on the support of the parties on whose temples it has put the CBI trigger," she said.
"Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav has accepted this truth many times," Bharti said.
On the Karnataka assembly election results, she said it was the outcome of local issues and the Congress need not feel overjoyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati