Uma Bharti demands Prime Minister`s resignation
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to step down in the wake of the resignation of his two ministers on charges of impropriety saying he was aware of all the decisions taken by them.
He (PM) had knowledge of all the decisions and excuses offered by him and other leaders were meant to save him, she said.
Terming as "childish" the manner in which the entire issue was handled, Bharti said, "Had the BJP`s demand of their resignation accepted earlier, the Food Security Bill would have been passed by Parliament."
Alleging that the UPA regime was misusing CBI to remain in power, Bharti said the government has lost the mandate from the people to rule.
"The Central government does not exist... It has lost people`s support and is continuing only on the support of the parties on whose temples it has put the CBI trigger," she said.
"Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav has accepted this truth many times," Bharti said.
On the Karnataka assembly election results, she said it was the outcome of local issues and the Congress need not feel overjoyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!