Uma Bharti demands Prime Minister`s resignation
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to step down in the wake of the resignation of his two ministers on charges of impropriety saying he was aware of all the decisions taken by them.
He (PM) had knowledge of all the decisions and excuses offered by him and other leaders were meant to save him, she said.
Terming as "childish" the manner in which the entire issue was handled, Bharti said, "Had the BJP`s demand of their resignation accepted earlier, the Food Security Bill would have been passed by Parliament."
Alleging that the UPA regime was misusing CBI to remain in power, Bharti said the government has lost the mandate from the people to rule.
"The Central government does not exist... It has lost people`s support and is continuing only on the support of the parties on whose temples it has put the CBI trigger," she said.
"Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav has accepted this truth many times," Bharti said.
On the Karnataka assembly election results, she said it was the outcome of local issues and the Congress need not feel overjoyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional