Uma Bharti demands Prime Minister`s resignation
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to step down in the wake of the resignation of his two ministers on charges of impropriety saying he was aware of all the decisions taken by them.
He (PM) had knowledge of all the decisions and excuses offered by him and other leaders were meant to save him, she said.
Terming as "childish" the manner in which the entire issue was handled, Bharti said, "Had the BJP`s demand of their resignation accepted earlier, the Food Security Bill would have been passed by Parliament."
Alleging that the UPA regime was misusing CBI to remain in power, Bharti said the government has lost the mandate from the people to rule.
"The Central government does not exist... It has lost people`s support and is continuing only on the support of the parties on whose temples it has put the CBI trigger," she said.
"Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav has accepted this truth many times," Bharti said.
On the Karnataka assembly election results, she said it was the outcome of local issues and the Congress need not feel overjoyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB