Union Minister announces Rs 46L compensation to slain Hemraj`s family
Khairair: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Monday met the family of martyred soldier Hemraj and announced that the government will provide Rs 46 lakh compensation to the slain jawan`s kin.
Singh reached the house of Lance Naik Hemraj at the village, 160 km from Delhi and 50 km from Mathura, in the afternoon and spoke to the family.
"The government will give Rs 46 lakh. We are also talking to other ministries so that the family get a petrol pump," the Minister of State for Defence told reporters here.
Condemning the beheading of Hemraj by Pakistani troops in strongest terms, Singh said the government demands that Pakistan should stop violating the ceasefire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation