Union Minister announces Rs 46L compensation to slain Hemraj`s family
Khairair: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Monday met the family of martyred soldier Hemraj and announced that the government will provide Rs 46 lakh compensation to the slain jawan`s kin.
Singh reached the house of Lance Naik Hemraj at the village, 160 km from Delhi and 50 km from Mathura, in the afternoon and spoke to the family.
"The government will give Rs 46 lakh. We are also talking to other ministries so that the family get a petrol pump," the Minister of State for Defence told reporters here.
Condemning the beheading of Hemraj by Pakistani troops in strongest terms, Singh said the government demands that Pakistan should stop violating the ceasefire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon