Union Minister announces Rs 46L compensation to slain Hemraj`s family
Khairair: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Monday met the family of martyred soldier Hemraj and announced that the government will provide Rs 46 lakh compensation to the slain jawan`s kin.
Singh reached the house of Lance Naik Hemraj at the village, 160 km from Delhi and 50 km from Mathura, in the afternoon and spoke to the family.
"The government will give Rs 46 lakh. We are also talking to other ministries so that the family get a petrol pump," the Minister of State for Defence told reporters here.
Condemning the beheading of Hemraj by Pakistani troops in strongest terms, Singh said the government demands that Pakistan should stop violating the ceasefire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam