US child custody row: Grandparents seek Prez Pranab`s help
Kolkata: The grandparents of 11-month-old Indrasish Saha, who is in the custody of a child welfare organisation in New Jersey for over a month on Sunday met President Pranab Mukherjee here and sought his intervention for the return of the child to the parents.
Family sources said that the President heard them at the Raj Bhawan and assured them that he would talk to the External Affairs Ministry in this regard.
The grandparents requested the President to impress upon the Government of India to secure release of the child from the New Jersey organisation.
The child has been taken into custody by the child welfare organisation of New Jersey on the ground that he was not taken care of by his parents -- Indrajit Saha and Pamela Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore