US child custody row: Grandparents seek Prez Pranab`s help
Kolkata: The grandparents of 11-month-old Indrasish Saha, who is in the custody of a child welfare organisation in New Jersey for over a month on Sunday met President Pranab Mukherjee here and sought his intervention for the return of the child to the parents.
Family sources said that the President heard them at the Raj Bhawan and assured them that he would talk to the External Affairs Ministry in this regard.
The grandparents requested the President to impress upon the Government of India to secure release of the child from the New Jersey organisation.
The child has been taken into custody by the child welfare organisation of New Jersey on the ground that he was not taken care of by his parents -- Indrajit Saha and Pamela Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'