US child custody row: Grandparents seek Prez Pranab`s help
Kolkata: The grandparents of 11-month-old Indrasish Saha, who is in the custody of a child welfare organisation in New Jersey for over a month on Sunday met President Pranab Mukherjee here and sought his intervention for the return of the child to the parents.
Family sources said that the President heard them at the Raj Bhawan and assured them that he would talk to the External Affairs Ministry in this regard.
The grandparents requested the President to impress upon the Government of India to secure release of the child from the New Jersey organisation.
The child has been taken into custody by the child welfare organisation of New Jersey on the ground that he was not taken care of by his parents -- Indrajit Saha and Pamela Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley