Vayalar Ravi gets critically ill Deshmukh`s portfolio
New Delhi: With Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh critically ill, Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi has been given additional charge of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry.
Deshmukh, who is Science and Technology Minister, was given additional charge of the Ministry immediately after Virbhadra Singh resigned in the wake of a Himachal Pradesh court framing corruption charges against him in a 23-year-old case in June, this year.
Highly placed sources said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has asked Ravi to take care of the Ministry in Parliament.
The decision to give additional charge of the Ministry to the veteran Congress leader from Kerala came after the condition of Deshmukh, who is admitted in hospital in Chennai for liver-related ailment, became "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!