Vayalar Ravi gets critically ill Deshmukh`s portfolio
New Delhi: With Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh critically ill, Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi has been given additional charge of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry.
Deshmukh, who is Science and Technology Minister, was given additional charge of the Ministry immediately after Virbhadra Singh resigned in the wake of a Himachal Pradesh court framing corruption charges against him in a 23-year-old case in June, this year.
Highly placed sources said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has asked Ravi to take care of the Ministry in Parliament.
The decision to give additional charge of the Ministry to the veteran Congress leader from Kerala came after the condition of Deshmukh, who is admitted in hospital in Chennai for liver-related ailment, became "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists