Vayalar Ravi gets critically ill Deshmukh`s portfolio
New Delhi: With Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh critically ill, Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi has been given additional charge of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Ministry.
Deshmukh, who is Science and Technology Minister, was given additional charge of the Ministry immediately after Virbhadra Singh resigned in the wake of a Himachal Pradesh court framing corruption charges against him in a 23-year-old case in June, this year.
Highly placed sources said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has asked Ravi to take care of the Ministry in Parliament.
The decision to give additional charge of the Ministry to the veteran Congress leader from Kerala came after the condition of Deshmukh, who is admitted in hospital in Chennai for liver-related ailment, became "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal