Vectra chief Ravinder Rishi questioned again by CBI
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday continued questioning of Vectra chairman Ravinder Rishi in connection with alleged irregularities in the supply of all-terrain Tatra vehicles to the Army.
Sources said the agency is analysing documents provided by him and seeking details of ownership patterns of Tatra Sipox UK besides other related companies in which he has stakes.
The agency is also seeking the details of agreement signed with BEML, they said.
They said Rishi is "cooperating" with the agency and has agreed to provide all the documents related the Tatra Sipox UK agreement with the BEML which was inked in 1997.
The CBI is now focusing on the role of officials of Defence Ministry, BEML and Army and may question them in connection with the case soon, they said.
The agency has approached the Defence Ministry seeking its help in providing it with documents related to supply of all terrain trucks for the Army, they said.
The sources said it was in 1997 that Tatra Sipox UK signed the truck supply deal with BEML which was in alleged violation of defence procurement rules which say that procurement should be done directly from original equipment manufacturer only.
The CBI has alleged that since Tatra Sipox UK was not the original manufacturer of these all terrain trucks, the rule that defence procurements should be made from original manufacturer was violated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read