VHP to hold a conference in Ayodhya on Nov 19
Ayodhya: Taking a tough stand, Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Monday said it will not allow the Congress to re-construct Babri Masjid and announced that it would hold a a "Hindu congregation" in Ayodhya on November 19.
"This Hindu congregation will be a mile stone of the final phase of Ram temple movement. VHP will not allow Congress` plan of re-construction of Babri Masjid and getting it inaugurated by Rahul Gandhi," VHP leader Ram Mangal Das Ramayni said.
He alleged the Congress is conspiring to act on its plan through a trust in which so called Sadhus and Mahants are members.
Following the Allahabad High Court`s verdict over Ayodhya dispute, the VHP has decided to "heat up" the Ram temple issue, preceding the national campaign by RSS to mobilise the Hindu masses for joining the movement in December.
VHP will hold a Hindu congregation in Ayodhya on November 19, which will be attended by over 60,000 Kar Sewaks, including activists from Bajrang Dal, Durga Vahini and other Hindu outfits.
Reacting to the programme proposed by the saffron brigade, a senior officer of intelligence department said, "such a huge assembly of the organisation will create law and order problems and will also be a challenge for the communal harmony country wide."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured