VHP to hold a conference in Ayodhya on Nov 19
Ayodhya: Taking a tough stand, Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Monday said it will not allow the Congress to re-construct Babri Masjid and announced that it would hold a a "Hindu congregation" in Ayodhya on November 19.
"This Hindu congregation will be a mile stone of the final phase of Ram temple movement. VHP will not allow Congress` plan of re-construction of Babri Masjid and getting it inaugurated by Rahul Gandhi," VHP leader Ram Mangal Das Ramayni said.
He alleged the Congress is conspiring to act on its plan through a trust in which so called Sadhus and Mahants are members.
Following the Allahabad High Court`s verdict over Ayodhya dispute, the VHP has decided to "heat up" the Ram temple issue, preceding the national campaign by RSS to mobilise the Hindu masses for joining the movement in December.
VHP will hold a Hindu congregation in Ayodhya on November 19, which will be attended by over 60,000 Kar Sewaks, including activists from Bajrang Dal, Durga Vahini and other Hindu outfits.
Reacting to the programme proposed by the saffron brigade, a senior officer of intelligence department said, "such a huge assembly of the organisation will create law and order problems and will also be a challenge for the communal harmony country wide."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre