Vital clues obtained in fidayeen attack: Shinde
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said vital clues have been obtained on the recent `fidayeen` attack in Srinagar in which five CRPF jawans were killed.
"Security personnel have obtained vital clues on the attack and identified the people responsible for it and also those who helped them to carry it out," Shinde, who is in this temple town to offer worship to Lord Venkateswara, told reporters.
Two terrorists, disguised as cricketers, had stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar on March 13, killing five of its personnel in a major suicide attack in the city after a gap of three years in which the militants were suspected to be from Pakistan.
On the February 21 Hyderabad twin blasts, Shinde said security personnel had secured vital clues but declined to elaborate.
Referring to Congress president Sonia Gandhi completing 15 years, he said "in the next Lok Sabha elections, we are again going to come to power. Congress is flourishing under her leadership."
Earlier Shinde, who arrived here, proceeded to Tiruchanur near here where he offered prayers to goddess Padmavathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days