Vital clues obtained in fidayeen attack: Shinde
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said vital clues have been obtained on the recent `fidayeen` attack in Srinagar in which five CRPF jawans were killed.
"Security personnel have obtained vital clues on the attack and identified the people responsible for it and also those who helped them to carry it out," Shinde, who is in this temple town to offer worship to Lord Venkateswara, told reporters.
Two terrorists, disguised as cricketers, had stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar on March 13, killing five of its personnel in a major suicide attack in the city after a gap of three years in which the militants were suspected to be from Pakistan.
On the February 21 Hyderabad twin blasts, Shinde said security personnel had secured vital clues but declined to elaborate.
Referring to Congress president Sonia Gandhi completing 15 years, he said "in the next Lok Sabha elections, we are again going to come to power. Congress is flourishing under her leadership."
Earlier Shinde, who arrived here, proceeded to Tiruchanur near here where he offered prayers to goddess Padmavathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das