Vital clues obtained in fidayeen attack: Shinde
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said vital clues have been obtained on the recent `fidayeen` attack in Srinagar in which five CRPF jawans were killed.
"Security personnel have obtained vital clues on the attack and identified the people responsible for it and also those who helped them to carry it out," Shinde, who is in this temple town to offer worship to Lord Venkateswara, told reporters.
Two terrorists, disguised as cricketers, had stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar on March 13, killing five of its personnel in a major suicide attack in the city after a gap of three years in which the militants were suspected to be from Pakistan.
On the February 21 Hyderabad twin blasts, Shinde said security personnel had secured vital clues but declined to elaborate.
Referring to Congress president Sonia Gandhi completing 15 years, he said "in the next Lok Sabha elections, we are again going to come to power. Congress is flourishing under her leadership."
Earlier Shinde, who arrived here, proceeded to Tiruchanur near here where he offered prayers to goddess Padmavathi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review