Vital clues obtained in fidayeen attack: Shinde
Tirupati: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday said vital clues have been obtained on the recent `fidayeen` attack in Srinagar in which five CRPF jawans were killed.
"Security personnel have obtained vital clues on the attack and identified the people responsible for it and also those who helped them to carry it out," Shinde, who is in this temple town to offer worship to Lord Venkateswara, told reporters.
Two terrorists, disguised as cricketers, had stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar on March 13, killing five of its personnel in a major suicide attack in the city after a gap of three years in which the militants were suspected to be from Pakistan.
On the February 21 Hyderabad twin blasts, Shinde said security personnel had secured vital clues but declined to elaborate.
Referring to Congress president Sonia Gandhi completing 15 years, he said "in the next Lok Sabha elections, we are again going to come to power. Congress is flourishing under her leadership."
Earlier Shinde, who arrived here, proceeded to Tiruchanur near here where he offered prayers to goddess Padmavathi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics