We both steered India-China ties steadily, Wen tells Manmohan
Beijing: Former Chinese premier Wen Jiabao likened his long friendship with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and their steering their sometimes tense bilateral relations to two drivers who constantly kept steady hands on the wheels and drove in the “right direction”.
Wen, who hosted Manmohan Singh for a luncheon banquet here on Thursday, said during the event: “We were like two drivers with steady hands on the wheels, driving in the right direction.”
Wen, who headed China for 10 years, and Manmohan Singh who is to complete a decade in office next May, have met for over a dozen times -- at bilateral and multilateral events.
During the luncheon, the former premier recalled Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stating on numerous occasions that India and China have numerous common points for cooperation. Both discussed the full range of convergence of issues between the two countries.
Senior Chinese officials conveyed to Indian officials that they look at China-India relations in the Asian and global context and with great strategic opportunities, sources said.
The China visit saw both sides inking nine agreements, including a key one to maintain peace on the border as well as managing trans-border river issues
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!