We don`t have black money: BJP MPs to declare
New Delhi: BJP MPs will submit on Friday declarations to the presiding officers of their respective Houses of Parliament, stating that they do not have any
illegal money stashed in any foreign bank or tax haven abroad.
BJP leader LK Advani had announced on the completion on his nation-wide yatra against black money and corruption that all party MPs will submit declarations that they do not have any illegal funds in Swiss banks or tax havens.
The issue was discussed at the BJP parliamentary party meeting today.
"Our MPs have submitted their declarations to the Leader of Opposition of their respective Houses. Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley will submit these declarations from BJP MPs to the presiding officers of their respective Houses tomorrow
which is also the World Anti-Corruption Day," BJP Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha SS Ahluwalia said.
The party had framed a declaration which the party MPs had to sign. Advani had made this announcement at the culmination rally of his yatra at Ramlila grounds here on December 20.
BJP had also moved an adjournment motion in Parliament to discuss the black money issue. Since the parliamentary proceedings were disrupted over issues like FDI in retail and price rise for the first nine days, the adjournment motion and
subsequent discussion on black money could not be taken up and is now likely to be taken up on December 12.
The principal opposition has been raising the issue of black money since the 2009 Lok Sabha elections. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had announced after the polls that his government would take action on this issue within 100 days of
coming to power.
The issue has also been in the news after the French government handed over names of around 700 Indians holding bank accounts in a Swiss bank. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has also stated that his site is likely to reveal
names of such Indian account holders within a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front