Why US could not hack PM Manmohan`s phone, e-mail?
New Delhi: India`s 81-year-old Prime Minister does not own a mobile phone or use personal email, giving New Delhi "no cause for concern" about new US hacking revelations, his office said Friday.
The Guardian newspaper reported Friday that US spies eavesdropped on the phone conversations of 35 world leaders after White House, Pentagon and State Department officials gave them the numbers.
The new revelations, based on a classified document provided by intelligence leaker Edward Snowden, come amid fury from German Chancellor Angela Merkel whose communications were allegedly targeted.
Asked if Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was concerned, his spokesman replied, "The Prime Minister doesn`t use a mobile phone and he doesn`t have an email account.
"His office uses email, but he has no personal email... We have no information and no cause for concern," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress