Widespread rains in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh received light to moderate rainfall overnight bringing a sharp decline in night temperatures with mercury hovering between 12 to 13 degrees Celsius.
While Patiala received 15 mm of rainfall, Ambala in Haryana got 14.7 mm of rains. Ludhiana had 13.4 mm of rains followed by 9 mm at Karnal, 8.8 mm at Amritsar and 8.4 mm at Bhiwani, the Met office said here on Friday.
Among other places, Nangal Dam was drenched by 25 mm of rains whereas Chandigarh received 13.6 mm of rains. Hisar was drenched by 4.2 mm of rainfall.
The Met office attributed rains to western disturbances over north Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile, the night temperatures in most parts of the region hovered around 12 to 13 degrees Celsius.
Patiala settled at 13 degrees Celsius followed by 12.6 degrees Celsius each at Hisar and Karnal, 12.5 degrees Celsius at Ambala, 12 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor