Widespread rains in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh received light to moderate rainfall overnight bringing a sharp decline in night temperatures with mercury hovering between 12 to 13 degrees Celsius.
While Patiala received 15 mm of rainfall, Ambala in Haryana got 14.7 mm of rains. Ludhiana had 13.4 mm of rains followed by 9 mm at Karnal, 8.8 mm at Amritsar and 8.4 mm at Bhiwani, the Met office said here on Friday.
Among other places, Nangal Dam was drenched by 25 mm of rains whereas Chandigarh received 13.6 mm of rains. Hisar was drenched by 4.2 mm of rainfall.
The Met office attributed rains to western disturbances over north Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile, the night temperatures in most parts of the region hovered around 12 to 13 degrees Celsius.
Patiala settled at 13 degrees Celsius followed by 12.6 degrees Celsius each at Hisar and Karnal, 12.5 degrees Celsius at Ambala, 12 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH