Widespread rains in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh received light to moderate rainfall overnight bringing a sharp decline in night temperatures with mercury hovering between 12 to 13 degrees Celsius.
While Patiala received 15 mm of rainfall, Ambala in Haryana got 14.7 mm of rains. Ludhiana had 13.4 mm of rains followed by 9 mm at Karnal, 8.8 mm at Amritsar and 8.4 mm at Bhiwani, the Met office said here on Friday.
Among other places, Nangal Dam was drenched by 25 mm of rains whereas Chandigarh received 13.6 mm of rains. Hisar was drenched by 4.2 mm of rainfall.
The Met office attributed rains to western disturbances over north Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile, the night temperatures in most parts of the region hovered around 12 to 13 degrees Celsius.
Patiala settled at 13 degrees Celsius followed by 12.6 degrees Celsius each at Hisar and Karnal, 12.5 degrees Celsius at Ambala, 12 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh and 10.2 degrees Celsius at Amritsar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees